The Law Office of C. Matthew Shanks in Cedar Parks represents people who have been charged with DUI and other traffic offenses. If your license has been suspended and you are interested in seeking an occupational driver’s license, call the firm to talk with Mr. Shanks.
Occupational Driver’s Licenses
Most Texans realize that their licenses will be suspended if they refuse to take a Breathalyzer test or if they receive a conviction for drunk driving. These individuals often are required to obtain an occupational driver’s license (ODL).
However, there are numerous other circumstances or criminal offenses that may lead to the suspension of a person’s driver’s license. Some of these circumstances and criminal offenses include:
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a dangerous drug
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Minor in consumption of alcohol
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Purchasing or furnishing alcohol to a minor
- Evading arrest or detention in a motor vehicle
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving while license invalid
- Habitual traffic violations
- Failure to maintain financial responsibility (No insurance citations)
- Failure to pay surcharges
The length of a license suspension will vary depending on the reason why the license was originally suspended. However, an occupational license allows the individual to legally drive until their regular license is reinstated.
While there are limitations to an ODL regarding where and when an individual may drive, most individuals’ essential transportation needs can be met by an occupational license.
If you are interested in seeking an occupational license, attorney Matt Shanks can evaluate your options and determine if you qualify for an occupational license. If so, he can help you through the application process, which can be very complex and time-consuming.
Contact Our Firm For Your Suspended License
If your license has been suspended because of a criminal offense or for any other reason, call 512-795-4165 or contact Mr. Shanks online to find out if you qualify for an occupational license. He offers a free consultation.