Texas Assault Defense Lawyer Serving Austin, Williamson County and Other Areas
Williamson County has a reputation for being very tough on crime. If you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony here, it is important to turn to a lawyer who knows the local system and can protect your rights.
Attorney Matt Shanks is a former Williamson County prosecutor. Now he uses that knowledge and experience with the local criminal justice system to defend clients against criminal charges. When you need an experienced Cedar Park attorney to defend against criminal charges, call 512-795-4165 or contact Mr. Shanks online to schedule a free consultation.
Protecting Your Rights Against Criminal Charges
In 2005, Matt Shanks left the Williamson County Attorney's Office and opened his own firm to protect clients' rights. The firm zealously defends clients against criminal charges such as:
- Juvenile offenses — Criminal charges can significantly impact your child's future. Attorney Shanks will guide you through the juvenile system and protect your child's best interests.
- Drunk driving — If you were charged with DWI or DUI in Central Texas, you need to present a strong DWI/DUI defense. Mr. Shanks will help you protect your driver's license and fight the criminal charges.
- Drug charges — Even a simple possession of marijuana conviction will cause you driver's license to be suspended. If you are facing drug possession charges or any other drug charges, attorney Shanks will explain your rights and guide you through the defense process.
- Family violence — What began as an argument can quickly lead to domestic violence charges. The firm will protect your rights in protective order proceedings and the criminal process.
- Property crimes — If you were accused of trespassing, vandalism, theft or robbery, attorney Shanks will protect your rights.
- Assault and aggravated assault — There are two sides to every criminal case. Mr. Shanks will make sure that the prosecution hears your side of the events.
- Probation revocation — If you are on probation and the state is alleging that you have violated the conditions of your probation, call Mr. Shanks to discuss your options.
- Expunctions, non-disclosures and sealing of criminal records — A criminal case you thought was over years ago will likely be brought back up when you are applying for a new job or pursuing other opportunities. Mr. Shanks will explain how you may be able to remove those charges from your criminal record or get them sealed from public viewing.
- Traffic violations and driving while license suspended — Although it may seem minor, multiple traffic violations can lead to a suspended license. Unfortunately, many people first learn that their license is suspended when they receive a new citation for driving on a suspended or revoked license, which can result in even more serious ramifications. Mr. Shanks will represent your interests and help to protect your license.
If you or someone you care about has been charged with a crime in Central Texas, call 512-795-4165 or contact Mr. Shanks online to schedule a free consultation. Open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm, and on Fridays from 9 am to noon, his office also offers evening appointments and jail visits for your convenience.